Tuesday 11 September 2018

My speech 4 comp thing

“We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our own greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking
inwards at ourselves at a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet”


That was a quote from Stephen Hawking, a theoretical physicist, Cosmologist and Author.
My name is Oisin Carolan, an artist, general annoyance, and someone who is definitely not as smart as
Stephen Hawking but definitely has to agree with what he has to say.


My speech is about a massive problem slowly creeping up on beaches, countries, and the whole earth.
Hence the name, global warming, most definitely produced by large industrial companies, factories,
cars, and other smoke and smog producing things.


Global warming is essentially when the earth’s atmosphere is gradually heated and oceans rise,
storms rage, and the entire weather system goes awry and is sent into a spiral of insanity and
everything goes mad.

That is why I think that we need to do something.
Now, let me say a few words (I know a few, that’s gonna be easy for me.),
I’m no super duper enviro-hippie, but I think that global warming can be stopped.
If we just walked and biked more you could at least be happy to know that you’re not contributing to the
destruction of our ozone layer.

I think that we could come up with more efficient ways to successfully achieve the same (if not better)
products without having to create more black smog to eat away at the north pole.
I think that if we replace normal old gas powered cars with electric ones then we would definitely have
more than 600 years before the world turns into a fiery ball of flames.

I think that we should ban massive corporations building factories that puff out deadly gasses
on a daily basis and destroy all the active factories too. A 100-metre high iceberg is threatening a tiny
village in Greenland. ... The iceberg has come to a halt just metres offshore and is slowly melting.
Huge chunks of ice are cascading into the water, sending large waves crashing towards the coast.
There are concerns that the iceberg could trigger a tsunami.

We need to stop the Politicians who keep denying the fact that global warming will engulf the earth.
 The scientific community has warned that if greenhouse gas emissions keep increasing, the planet
will reach a point of no return. Global warming will become catastrophic and irreversible. It has been
scientifically proven, it has even been referred to in biblical times. That is why we need to stand up
and protest, fight, and help our world!


THANK YOU

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora, my name is Mia and I'm from room 24 at Owairaka District School. I really liked your blog post about your speech. I remeber when i did something like this.Have you ever tried acting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes actually, acting is really fun and I love playing comedic roles. Thanks for your reply!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.